Mars Wrigley to unveil 20 new confectionery products in US
At the upcoming National Association of Convenience Stores (NACS) annual show in Chicago, Mars Wrigley Confectionery US will share insights for retailers from its recently announced ‘Omnichannel’ category approach, as well as new products and line extensions.
Top new products being featured at the show include: Alert Caffeine Gum, Extra Chewy Mints, Skittles and Starburst Sweet Heat, Dove Chocolate-Covered Dusted Nuts and Snickers Peanut Butter Crisper.
Timothy LeBel, president of sales for Mars Wrigley Confectionery, says, “Mars Wrigley Confectionery is more focused than ever on delivering on-trend product innovation, production and packaging that drive sales and grow the total category.
“We have our pulse on what motivates consumers to make a purchase, including health and wellness preferences, wanting to moderately indulge, or the desire to try a unique flavour.”
New items Mars Wrigley Confectionery will display at show include:
- 5 Gum is bringing a new $0.99 8-stick pack available exclusively as part of 2018 Truth or Dare prepacked displays. Available flavours include New Cool Mint, Cool Berry and Smooth Mint. (September – December 2017)
- Alert Caffeine Gum is said to give adults a simple and portable alternative to energy drinks, coffee and soda. One piece of Alert Caffeine Gum provides 40mg of caffeine, about the same amount as half a cup of coffee. Alert is available in Fruit or Mint flavours and can be purchased at retailers nationwide. (September 2017, $2.49)
- Combos Honey Sriracha is a flavour combination of sweet honey with garlic and chili pepper. (December 2017, $1.38)
- Dove Chocolate-Covered Dusted Nuts featuring three variants within the dusted nut collection, including cashews dipped in milk chocolate dusted with sea salt, almonds dipped in dark chocolate dusted with cinnamon and cashews dipped in dark chocolate dusted with cocoa. (December 2017)
- Extra Chewy Mints is extending into the mints category with the launch of new Extra Chewy Mints in two flavours: Peppermint and Polar Ice. (December 2017, 1.5oz durable plastic pack $2.19, and 7.5oz stand up bag $6.99)
- GoodnessKnows will be expanding beyond the traditional fruit and nut line by adding six new savoury flavours to the line-up in 2018. With less than 150 calories per single pack, each flavour is designed to provide 10–15% of a consumer’s recommended nutrient needs.
- Juicy Fruit Collisions combines two flavours in each stick of gum. Flavours include: Strawberry Watermelon and Tropical Berry. (May 2018, $1.19 in 15-stick single-serve pack, $2.69 in a multipack with three 15-stick single serve packs)
- Juicy Fruit Mixies is debuting with four fruity flavours in each bottle containing a mix of Original, Strawberry, Watermelon and Grape flavors. (December 2017, 15-piece single serve bottle $1.49, and a 40-piece bottle $3.49)
- Snickers Peanut Butter Crisper is a new offering debuting in December. The combination of peanut butter with the crunch of crisp comes in four portionable squares. (December 2017)
- Snickers Hunger Bars will debut three new flavours in 2018 for a limited time as part of the Hunger Bars promotion.
- Snickers Brand 2017 NFL Hunger Bars will hit shelves this NFL season as an extension of the popular ‘Who Are You When You’re Hungry?’ campaign. NFL-themed ‘symptoms’ will be on the packaging of singles and share size bars. (June – December 2017)
- Skittles Sweet Heat packs feature fruity flavours with a spicy kick including: Fiery Watermelon, Blazin’ Mango, Flamin’ Orange, Sizzlin’ Strawberry and Lemon Spark. (December 2017, single pack $0.99, share size pack $1.79, laydown bag $3.19 and medium stand up pouch $2.59)
- Skittles Trick Plays. Available for a limited time only, Trick Plays will be in stores just in time for the 2017 NFL season. (MSRP $0.99)
- Starburst Minis Sours packs include a mix of flavours including Cherry, Blue Raspberry, Watermelon and Strawberry. (December 2017, single pack $0.99, per bag $2.09 and medium stand up pouch $2.59)
- Starburst Sweet Heat packs include a mix of flavours including Cherry, Blue Raspberry, Watermelon and Strawberry. (December 2017, single pack $0.99, share size pack $1.79, laydown bag $3.19, and medium stand up pouch $2.59).