Love Cocoa launches bestselling bars on Ocado
Luxury, ethical British chocolate brand Love Cocoa, created by James Cadbury, will officially launch into the UK grocery channel from mid-September, with its first permanent listings on Ocado.
Love Cocoa is best-known for reinventing British favourites with contemporary twists to create luxury chocolate. The line-up features a selection of the brand’s bestselling dark and milk chocolate bars:
- Maldon Sea Salt 70% Dark Chocolate Bar – Peruvian dark chocolate with a burst of hand-harvested crunchy salt flakes.
- Gin & Tonic 71% Dark Chocolate Bar – Velvety smooth, single origin dark chocolate imbued with the natural aromas of juniper and lime.
- Salted Caramel 41% Milk Chocolate Bar – Buttery caramel, single origin 41% Colombian milk chocolate and a hint of Maldon Sea Salt.
- ‘Happy Birthday’ Honeycomb 41% Milk Chocolate Bar – Sticky British honeycomb meets Colombian milk chocolate.
Love Cocoa is now a £1m brand and is looking to grow to £5m by 2022. New-look premium packaging was recently unveiled, designed to champion the brand’s eco and gifting credentials.
All of the brand’s cocoa is sustainably sourced, working with family run suppliers and guaranteeing cocoa farmers higher than market price. True to Love Cocoa’s ethical, sustainable roots, the products are palm oil free with 100% recyclable packaging that’s also plastic free with compostable inners made from wood pulp.
Every bar purchased via Ocado will also support Love Cocoa’s ‘One Bar = One Tree’ campaign to plant 500,000 trees in northern Cameroon in a bid to fight against deforestation and climate change. The initiative taps into the growing conscience gifting trend and further sets the brand apart from competitors.
James Cadbury, Love Cocoa founder and the great-great-great grandson of Mr John Cadbury, said the launch represents exciting times for Love Cocoa, bringing its award-winning flavours and unique designs to the masses via Ocado: “The premium chocolate category has experienced considerable growth over the past three years with consumers increasingly looking for innovative flavours, high quality cocoa and plastic free packaging. We hope these bars will prove a big hit with Ocado’s ethically-minded consumers,” he said.
Keith Clydesdale, buying manager at Ocado, said: “We know that provenance and sustainability of our food and drink range is high on the list of priorities for many of our customers, and we’d expect this to be a rising trend as they become ever more available.
“This exclusive range of Love Cocoa chocolate bars is an exciting addition to Ocado as the delicious flavours will appeal to a wide range of tastes and, the sustainability credentials around the ‘One Bar = One Tree’ and recyclable packaging makes greener choices easier for our customers.”
Each Love Cocoa bar has an RRP of £3.95/75g bar.
- Be sure to follow Sweets and Savoury Snacks World on Instagram for visuals of new product releases.