Sweets & Savoury Snacks: Christmas 2020 roundup
Here is our roundup of headlines from the festive sweets and snack news we have covered in 2020.
UK & Ireland
- Leading Irish chocolatier, Lir Chocolates, is expanding its Baileys range with chocolate Christmas crackers.
- pladis is broadening appeal for its £14.3 million Flipz brand over the winter months with new seasonal sharing packs.
- Mentos is launching Christmas-themed printed sweets with the introduction of its new Candy Cane variant.
- Quality Street fans no longer need to leave their street, home or even their armchair to buy personalised tins of their favourite sweets, as the brand announced its new webshop: www.qualitystreet.co.uk.
- Free-from UK chocolate brand, NOMO launched two new products this Christmas – an Advent Calendar and box of Caramel Filled Choc Drops.
- Mediterranean foods supplier Dina Foods prepared in Autumn for a Christmas bounce in sales.
- Hames Chocolates has launched a new British chocolate range designed especially for the festive season.
- Hancocks launched its range of UK Christmas confectionery which features over 460 festive products from over 30 suppliers.
- pladis is helping retailers to unwrap seasonal sales with the 2020 ‘Merry McVitie’s’ Christmas range.
- Yowie Group, the “surprise-Inside” confectionery brand, is encouraging a safe and memorable holiday season with sweets, gifts and family activities.
- Nutella is releasing a DIY Holiday Breakfast Kit with a specially marked jar that supports No Kid Hungry, a national US campaign to end childhood hunger.
- Ethical chocolate brand Tony’s Chocolonely has released its Edible Tree Ornaments for chocolate lovers this festive season. (This news also covers the UK and USA)